Chelmsford City Council and partners have developed a suite of support to raise the ambition of projects, ensure they reach their full potential. The following items are included.
- An Essex 2020 overview, an umbrella brand, marketing toolkit and logo usage guidance
- A funders directory to help groups to identify suitable finance their projects (visit www.Essex2020.com)
- An events website (and printed literature) to market Chelmsford events collectively (coming soon)
- A small grant fund of £50,000.
We have developed a simple application form to make it as easy as possible to apply for a small grant. If you want to draft your answers first you can use this Word document and then cut and paste your answers to the form.
Applicants will receive an auto confirmation immediately after submission and a personal acknowledgment within a week. The judging panel will review applications on the first working day of every month. Applicants will be notified of the outcome within 48hours.
HINTS & TIPS TO CONSIDER BEFORE STARTING THE APPLICATION FORM:
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- A good understanding of Essex 2020 – Year of Science & Creativity You may want to look at essex2020.com to remind yourself of our key aims
- Your project can help raise Chelmsford’s profile-Show us how your activity can bring new audiences, increased interest or recognition
- A partnership approach to delivery-Think about who else you are working with and how
- An inclusive spirit– How can you ensure your event is open to everyone e.g. accessible venues, concessionary tickets.
- Focused objectives and clear measurable outcomes for Chelmsford residents and/or business-What are your aims and how will you know if you have achieved them?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PROJECTS THAT:
1. Provide skills development and/or new career pathways in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) to Chelmsford Residents. Especially those nurturing youthful talent
2. Celebrate Chelmsford’s past and future heritage in science, engineering and innovation in new and creative ways. Supporting the development of Chelmford’s Cultural Identity.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE GRANT:
- The maximum grant that can be requested is £5,000, with applications for grants between £500-£5,000 being expected.
- The scheme can only accept applications that are for 50% or less of the total project cost. In kind contributions can be factored in, but no more than 25% of the total project value.
- Funds can be granted in principle, as match in support and in lieu of wider project funding bids.
- All applications must clearly show that they have or are seeking funding from other sources.
- Any funding applied for must be for the benefit of the City’s residents.
- Funding cannot be retrospective. We cannot fund projects which have already taken place or meet the cost of items that have already been purchased.
- The funding applied for must be spent be 31st December 2020.