(Image: City Street Diversions CM1.co.uk)
Are you excited for the future of the arts in Chelmsford?
Do you have a passion for helping the people of the city to realise their aspirations for arts, culture and heritage?
Why not join the small team at Chelmsford Cultural Development Trust for 2.5 days per week!
We are looking for an experienced, successful Fundraising Officer with a can-do personality and loads of energy to start as soon as possible.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a brand-new initiative, particularly focusing on applications to Trusts & Foundations – identifying sources, writing bids and securing investment from partners.
Listening to the voices of Chelmsford, working closely with our Executive Director and our Trustees, you’ll be playing a key role in securing the new city’s bold and exciting future.
It’s a part-time role, but with potential to grow. Join us and help the people of Chelmsford achieve their ambitions!
Apply by sending your CV and a covering letter by 20 December 2019 to Rebecca Hughes, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Briefly outline your experience, skills, qualifications and career profile in relation to the Job Description.
Job title: Part-time Fundraising Officer for Chelmsford Cultural Development Trust
Reporting to: Executive Director (ED)
Salary: £28k pro-rata (0.5WTE – £14k per annum). Fixed Term Contract for one year.
To play a key role in the development and implementation of our fundraising activities in order to secure Trusts & Foundations funding for arts, culture and heritage initiatives in Chelmsford.
Trusts & Foundations
- Manage and lead the identification of appropriate Trusts & Foundations for Chelmsford Cultural Development Trust, building an annual calendar of key prospects.
- Research and build relationships with potential Trusts & Foundations, alongside the ED.
- Work closely with the ED and Chelmsford City Council’s culture team to develop a coordinated approach to fundraising.
- Investigate and develop funding opportunities for each project, suggesting ways to strengthen a fundraising bid.
- Write tailored applications addressing grant-making priorities or requirements as specified by individual Trusts & Foundations.
- Support the development, delivery and monitoring of the Fundraising Strategy.
- Manage and maintain a GDPR-compliant database of supporters and prospects.
- Support the ED in the production of timely and engaging communications.
- Contribute new ideas for fundraising, not exclusively from Trusts & Foundations.
- Participate in the day-to-day administration of the organisation.
- Represent the work of the Trust at events and, where necessary, deliver presentations.
- Work with, and support, specialist fundraisers employed by the Trust on an ad hoc basis.
- Fundraising experience with a track record of writing successful fundraising applications.
- Demonstrable ability to research and develop relationships with Trusts & Foundations.
- Experience of developing fundraising opportunities, contributing to and helping implement an effective Fundraising Strategy.
- Experience of setting up and maintaining a database of supporters and prospects.
- Work within a charitable environment desirable.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to produce concise and creative bids underpinned by meaningful data.
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK Trusts & Foundations, fundraising methods and the Code of Fundraising Practice.
- Good working knowledge of GDPR, associated data protection laws and good practice.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision.
- Flexible with a willingness to travel locally and to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Excited about the future of Chelmsford.