The Royal Opera House Bridge is running our second two-part briefing for cultural organisations and schools who are interested in joining the Artsmark Partnership Programme as part of Chelmsford’s Local Cultural Education Partnership (LCEP).
Join Head of Bridge Programmes, Sally Manser and School Engagement Manager, Adam Morris from The Royal Opera House Bridge (ROH Bridge) for this joint Artsmark and Arts Award exploration day.
Outline of the Exploration Day
1.00 – 1.30 pm Arrival, Coffee and Registration (cultural organisations)
1.30 – 3.30 pm Artsmark Partnership Programme Briefing (cultural organisations)
3.30 – 4.00 pm Schools arrive: Networking with Cultural Organisations
4.00 – 4.30 pm Artsmark Briefing (schools)
4.30 – 4.45 pm Break
4.45 – 5.15 pm Arts Award Briefing (schools)
5.15 – 6.00 pm Final Teachers’ Networking
What is the Artsmark Partnership Programme?
The Artsmark Partnership Programme is an Arts Council endorsed network of organisations who are devoted to bringing great arts and cultural opportunities to children and young people. They support Artsmark registered schools and other educational establishments on their journey to embed arts and culture across the curriculum.
Part 1 will:
• Explore the Artsmark programme
• Share the Artsmark Partnership Programme Code of Conduct and set out expectations for cultural providers
• Provide support to start mapping your offer to the Artsmark partnership programme using the language of schools
Before your organisation can sign up to the partnership programme, participation at a Bridge briefing is required.
Arts Award and Artsmark Briefing for Schools
This session will provide an overview of the Artsmark Award (creative quality standard for schools) and Arts Award (progressive creative qualification for pupils). We will outline the steps you need to take to participate, and how working towards these awards can benefit your young people and your wider school community.
Part 2 will:
• Explain Artsmark and Arts Award and how they work
• Explore the Artsmark process and how it can support your school development goals
• Explore how Arts Award can support in developing arts and culture at your school
• Find out about more CPD and opportunities available through ROH Bridge
• Explore how Arts Award and Artsmark can work alongside one another.
If you have any questions, please email Rachana Vaja on LCEP@ignitechelmsford.org.uk